Window Installation Case Studies
With over one thousand projects completed every year, Best Exteriors is one of the top installers in the market!Projects Gallery
100% Satisfied With Our Work
Installers Working In our Team
Serving Northern California Area
Looking to upgrade your windows in San Jose? You came to the right place.
Living in a busy city like San Jose means a lot of noise pollution. Keeping that noise out requires your house walls, doors, and windows to be in good shape.
However, over time, these things tend to deteriorate, especially windows, with issues like broken hinges, warped frames, and minor frame cracks.
You need to get ahead of these issues and get a window replacement to make sure the damage doesn’t increase down the road.
In this guide, you get the necessary information you need to be ready for window replacement and how to choose the right window installation company.
What’s a Good Price for a Window?
The price of a new window depends on a number of factors, including the window type, window frame material, the glass, whether you have any coatings, and the services you get.
When it comes to window type, traditional and common designs are the least expensive as they have a high demand and high supply. However, unique window types tend to be more expensive.
Moving on, a lot of houses in San Jose now use vinyl windows but there are still many homes that use a wood window frame. Regardless, each window material has a different cost and your decision depends on your requirements.
With the window glass, you have to decide whether you want a custom glass or common mass-produced glass.
Furthermore, you need to decide whether you want any coatings or films that improve energy efficiency. These coatings tend to be expensive so only consider them if you have a large enough budget. That said, they tend to help you recover the cost in the long run.
Last but not least, you have to choose the right window installation company. Lots of companies offer competitive pricing but you need to look beyond their business and consider their expertise and reputation in the market.
If you combine all of these factors, you get the average price of window replacement for you. However, it’s best to consult with a window expert while doing so.
Window Replacement San Jose
- Gregory SimmonsSan JoseGregory Simmons has an impressive record in the installation of single and double-hung windows, optimizing ventilation for any space.
- Allen MitchelSan JoseAllen Mitchel is highly skilled in the installation of single and double-slider windows, bringing a unique blend of functionality and design.
- Daniel HernandezSan JoseDaniel Hernandez focuses on single and double-hung windows, committed to delivering the highest standard of work and customer service.
- George MorrisSan JoseGeorge Morris is a veteran contractor with a specialization in Pella Windows, blending aesthetics and durability.
- Charles BakerSan JoseCharles Baker brings a wealth of experience in casement windows, prized for their ease of use and superior ventilation.
When it comes to windows, San Jose has a wide variety of property styles that utilize different kinds of windows and window materials.
If you want to buy a complete window, San Jose has tons of large stores like Home Depot where it’s easy to buy bulk windows at a low price. However, if you have a tight budget, a better recommendation is to go for off-brand windows as they offer the same level of quality as top brands.
Furthermore, another thing you need to keep in mind is that window replacement becomes a little tricker in the winter. That’s because the caulk that sets the window frame in place needs warmth to settle in.
Also, the caulk needs to have zero water exposure while it’s set and that means window replacement in rainy weather isn’t possible.
Therefore, the ideal time for a window replacement is during the summer. There are a lot of deals on windows and doors during the spring, so that gives you a chance to buy your windows in advance.
On top of that, you need to book a window installation company for your home improvement project in advance. That’s because demand becomes high in the summer, leading to delays and longer wait times, and, in some cases, higher prices.
That said, this is only possible if you want a passive upgrade on your windows. If you have a broken window, you need to get a replacement as soon as possible.
We have put together this list of reasons why you should invest in San Jose window replacement.
Benefits of Window Replacement and Installation in San Jose
There are tons of benefits to installing new windows in your house or commercial building in San Jose, including:
- Enhanced Aesthetics and Style: New windows allow you to improve your house’s aesthetic with unique windows, glass types, and paint jobs.
- Protection from UV Rays: Getting Low-E coatings for your window glass helps minimize the intensity of UV rays and protects you and your interior from harmful UV rays. Meanwhile, it also helps reduce heat loss and heat gain. This is an important upgrade if you have skylights.
- Lower Cost of Energy: Less heat loss and heat gain means your heating and cooling systems don’t have to work too much to maintain the temperature. Therefore, you get lower energy bills.
- Improved Property and Resale Value: Regular maintenance and upgrades like installing replacement windows help maintain property value and, in some cases, increase it.
- Ideal Temperature: With minimal heat gain and heat loss, your house always remains at an ideal temperature.
- Noise Reduction: New window frames often fill up microcracks that let exterior noise inside. This helps a lot if you live in a busy area of San Jose.
- Better Ventilation: Getting replacement windows gives you the chance of getting higher quality windows that offer more ventilation.
For outstanding results, try to get a high budget for your replacement windows.
Should I Install New Windows?
If you’re wondering whether it’s time to install new windows in your home, here are a few things to keep your eye on:
- Missing Paint: If you notice the paint around window frames is peeling, the reason might be mold, rot, or moisture accumulation. To check whether the frame is deteriorating, use a pencil or pen to press against the window frame in different places. If it presses down, that’s a guarantee that you need replacement windows.
- Difficulty in Opening Windows: If opening windows is getting harder, it may be due to dry or broken hinges. That requires a repair job but if you have a warped frame or cracks in the window, that requires replacement windows.
- Drafts: If you feel a slight breeze as you enter certain rooms if there is a temperate change across the house, the reason might be cracks in your window frames. Trace your palm around the window frame that seems to be problematic. If you feel slight drafts on your hand or a temperature change, the window requires replacement.
- Higher Energy Bills: If you notice that your energy bill is higher than usual, the reason may be that your heating and cooling systems are working overtime. That happens if there’s a lot of heat loss and heat gain through your windows so they have to work harder to maintain the ideal temperature according to your satisfaction.
If you notice any of the occurrences above, it may be time to get a consultation from a window installation service.
What is the Cost to Replace and Install Windows?
The cost of replacement windows in San Jose depends on your exact location, house style, and your requirements.
For example, new construction means lower installation charges because there is no need for any additional setups. In the same way, common house styles keep replacement window costs low because there’s no need for any special orders or development.
In any case, you need a team that guides you throughout this process.
That’s why Best Exteriors works with the customer at all times to make sure the final project is a culmination of the client’s needs and wants.
Other Things to Keep in Mind
Here are a few more things to keep in mind:
- Financial Windfall: If you get a financial windfall, instead of getting a repair job, try to go ahead with replacement windows for even minor instances of a broken window. It allows you to not only maintain but also upgrade your home. In the long run, it helps retain and even improve your property and resale value.
- Busy Schedule: If you have a busy schedule, explain your requirements to your window contractor and they provide you with multiple options that work best with your needs, wants, and budget. This saves you a lot of time and it also helps make the process more efficient.
Quality work costs more but pricing isn’t everything. Keep in mind that you may recover the cost of replacement windows with lower energy bills and a higher property value.
TYPES OF WINDOW BRANDS
TYPES OF WINDOWS
How to Install Quality Windows
When it comes to choosing a window company, keep the following things in mind:
- Off-Brand Windows: Keep in mind that it’s not the top brands that only provide great quality products. There are a lot of off-brand window companies that develop long-lasting and durable windows. Therefore, if you have a limited budget for your home upgrade project, it’s best to choose off-brand windows while getting an expert window installation team.
- Get an Estimate: When you want to check the feasibility of your home upgrade project, try to get a free estimate or a free consultation. The window installation company provides information on window replacement, along with tips on how to move forward according to your requirements and budget.
- Research the Company: When you have an estimate, try to learn more about the company by checking its online reviews and testimonials. Contact previous customers and ask their opinion on whether the company has a great service, how good they are at installing windows, and whether their advice is worth it.
Ready to upgrade your windows? Contact us today.
From Our Customers
We are very happy with the results. Attention to detail was excellent.