Window Installation Case Studies
With over one thousand projects completed every year, Best Exteriors is one of the top installers in the market!Projects Gallery
100% Satisfied With Our Work
Installers Working In our Team
Serving Northern California Area
Looking to upgrade your windows in Redwood City? You came to the right place.
Window replacement is an essential part of maintaining and upgrading your home. You need consistent maintenance of all external fixtures to ensure there are no long-lasting issues in your home while it also helps retain or even improve your property’s value.
If you plan on restoring existing windows instead of getting replacement windows, you need to figure out the level of damage. For example, broken window glass doesn’t require a complete window replacement but if you have a warped frame, you need replacement windows.
To get a better idea of how this works, you need to learn more about windows and window installation.
This guide has all the necessary information you need regarding windows, window installation, and how to choose the right window replacement company.
What’s a Good Price for a Window?
The price of a window depends on several factors, including your window type, window material, glass type, whether you want any coatings on it, and what level of services you need.
Other factors that might play into the price include your location in Redwood City, whether you have a lot of custom windows, and what brand of windows you want.
For the most part, your window installation company provides expert advice on what window works best with your house. If you provide them with additional information, including your budget, they help create a package where you get the window you want, along with installation services.
For example, if you have a low budget but want high-quality long-lasting, and durable windows, it’s best to stay away from branded windows.
Instead, try to go for off-brand windows as they offer the same level of quality and durability. Albeit, they may not have as much customization but they tend to be the best choice if you have a small budget.
Furthermore, the price of replacement windows may also depend on how big your home improvement project is. For example, if you have multiple projects and require a lot of windows, it ends up being less expensive per window compared to only replacing a single window.
That’s because you have the option of buying windows in bulk from window contractors. Furthermore, window installation charges are lower because you need one-time help.
Window Replacement Redwood City
When it comes to windows, Redwood City homes follow specific window styles. Most homes are shifting toward vinyl but there are still many people who prefer old-fashioned wood frames.
At any rate, keep in mind that your home improvement project works better during warmer months. If you want to replace multiple windows, doing so in the winter leads to more chilly drafts, leading to higher heating bills.
Other than that, caulk tends to work better with surfaces when it’s warm. While window installation companies have ways to apply the caulk in the winter too, it may be cheaper for you if you let them do it in summer weather.
There’s also a phenomenon called the movement of the substrate where certain materials expand in warm weather and contract in the cold. This often leads to mini cracks in the caulk, undermining the integrity of the window.
Furthermore, if you buy windows in the spring season, you may take advantage of the early-season discounts.
That said, since most people in Redwood City prefer getting window replacements in the summer, the demand becomes quite high. That means longer wait times, delays, and, in some cases, higher costs.
In some cases, you need to get a quick window replacement if it’s causing too many issues. In that case, it’s best to do it as soon as possible, even if it’s the winter season.
However, try to schedule your free consultation and window replacement on sunny days when there is no chance of rain. That’s because sealants need at least 24 hours to set and water exposure is not allowed during that time.
Last but not least, if you want multiple window replacements in Redwood City’s winter, ask the contractor to only work in one room at a time and keep it closed.
We have put together this list of reasons why you should invest in Redwood City window replacement.
Benefits of Window Replacement and Installation in Redwood City
There are tons of benefits to installing new windows in your house or commercial building in Redwood City, including:
- Save Money: When you get replacement windows, it gives you a chance to make them more energy efficient. For example, you may get double or triple-pane glass as it minimizes heat loss and heat gain. At the same time, get additional coatings on the glass so there’s more sunlight reflection rather than absorption.
- Increased Property Value: Consistent property upgrades and regular maintenance regardless of your house’s construction age helps retain its property value. It’s not about keeping up with the neighbors but rather the entire property market.
- Additional Safety: When you get replacement windows, adding a Low-E coating helps reduce the impact of UV rays, helping protect what’s inside from harm. On top of that, it gives you a chance to install more durable and shatterproof glass windows.
- Noise Reduction: New windows mean new window frames and that means any small cracks and spaces fill up. That reduces the overall amount of exterior sound that seeps in, helping in reducing overall noise.
- Better Appearance: Changing windows also allows you to improve the style and aesthetic of your home.
Therefore, window replacement improves your energy efficiency, insulates you better, and helps improve property value.
Should I Install New Windows?
If you’re wondering whether it’s time to install new windows in your home, here are a few things to keep your eye on:
- Wind Drafts: If you notice unnecessary chilly air in the winter in your Redwood City home or slight air breezes walking into certain rooms, there’s a good chance you have cracks in your windows or window frames. However, to highlight where the issue is, use your palm to trace the entire space of the window frame and stop when you feel air or a pressure difference. That’s where you find your window crack.
- Exterior Maintenance: If cleaning the outside of your current windows is a hassle, there are several window types that have the option of tilting inwards. That allows you to clean the exterior of the window from the inside.
- Higher Energy Bills: If you notice your energy bills increase in the summers and winters, it may be because your heating and cooling systems are working overtime due to additional heat loss and heat gain.
- Low Property Value: If your property value is lower compared to your neighbors and other Redwood City homes in general, the reason may be a lack of regular home maintenance and upgrades.
If you notice any of the things above, contact your window replacement company today.
What is the Cost to Replace and Install Windows?
The cost to replace and install new windows depends on your window requirements, budget, and your window contractors.
It’s best to contact a window installation company that also offers expert advice regarding window installation, interior design, and service breakdown.
That’s why Best Exteriors focuses on custom tailoring solutions for clients based on their individual needs and wants.
Other Things to Keep in Mind
Here are a few more things to keep in mind:
- Repairs Not Working: At some point, your repair jobs become obsolete when the damage is beyond repair. For example, if you notice warping in your window frame, repair jobs become out of the question and you need a complete window replacement to extend the window’s life.
- Getting Financial Windfall: As a property owner, if you get a financial windfall, it’s best to invest some of the money in your home improvement project. This helps maintain your home, and its property value, and increases its resale value.
Don’t worry about the cost of window replacement too much because, in the long run, you recover that cost through lower energy bills and a higher property resale value.
TYPES OF WINDOW BRANDS
TYPES OF WINDOWS
How to Install Quality Windows
When it comes to choosing a window company, keep the following things in mind:
- Get an Estimate: Getting a free consultation and estimate from your local window installation business gives you an idea of the current prices. Comparing them to other businesses gives you an opportunity to negotiate with the contractors.
- Research the Company: When you have an estimate, research the company by looking at its Better Business Bureau rating, online ratings, and customer testimonials.
- Off-Brand Windows: If you have a small budget but also want high-quality and durable windows, it’s best to opt for off-brand windows. They offer the same level of quality and durability minus the added brand tax.
Ready to upgrade your windows? Contact us today.
From Our Customers
We are very happy with the results. Attention to detail was excellent.