WINDOW INSTALLATION PROJECTS
With over one thousand projects completed every year, Best Exteriors is one of the top installers in the market!Projects Gallery
100% Satisfied With Our Work
Installers Working In our Team
Serving Northern California Area
Every home improvement project includes window upgrading or replacement. In Oakland, ocean winds and changing weather patterns lead to a lot of wear and tear over the years.
That is why it’s best to commit to a window replacement project every few years. It helps maintain your property value and curb appeal, ensures that your house’s style is relevant, and helps improve energy efficiency.
That said, remodeling requires the help of professional contractors. When it comes to windows, you need professional window installers and window contractors for your Oakland home.
This comprehensive guide has all the relevant information you need on window replacement and window installation, along with tips on choosing the right window contractors.
What’s a Good Price for a Window?
The cost of a window depends on the window size, number, style, and quality you need. Along with that, service charges differ based on the amount of work and that depends on the condition of your home.
For the most part, you need to keep in mind that there are varying costs of window frame material, glass, window type, and service charges.
However, with the right support and team, this process becomes more efficient and easier to track.
At Best Exteriors, we focus on providing custom prices to each client based on their needs, wants, and budget.
Window Replacement in Oakland
To make a decision about replacement windows, you need to understand the four components of the process, including the material, type of window, glass package, and budget.
Starting off, you need to understand that there are wood windows, vinyl windows, and fiberglass windows. These are the most common window frame materials in Oakland and the San Francisco Bay Area.
While a lot of homes use vinyl frames, it’s best to still match the frame material with the style of your house. On the scale of durability, you have fiberglass first, then vinyl, and then wood.
After that, you need to determine the window type. Double-hung windows tend to be common in Oakland but some people also prefer sliding windows. Regardless of whether you’re living in an old house or a fresh-built one, it’s best to contact a professional to fix and replace your windows. To make sure you get the right windows, consult with your window installation company.
After the window type, you need to decide on a glass package. You have to choose whether you want double or triple-pane windows, whether you need tints or a low-emissivity coating. These things help regulate your home’s temperature.
Last but not least, take a careful look at your window replacement costs and budget. If you have a lower budget, it’s best to get cheaper window frame materials and a simple window type but never compromise on the glass.
In the long run, your window glass ensures lower energy bills, better interior environments, and a lower chance of air and water leakage.
We have put together this list of reasons why you should invest in Oakland windows replacement.
Benefits of Window Replacement and Installation in Oakland
New window installation in both commercial and residential buildings in Oakland has several benefits, which include:
- Saving money with energy efficiency by reducing drafts and minimizing heat loss or gain, which results in reduced energy bills and a more comfortable indoor environment for occupants.
- Improving the overall appearance, adding value to the property, and enhancing its curb appeal. This is particularly important for commercial properties as it can attract potential customers and give a positive first impression.
- Creating better sound insulation, providing a quieter and more peaceful indoor environment.
- Feeling safe with additional security such as shatter-resistant glass and secure locking mechanisms, which provide peace of mind.
Overall, investing in new windows for residential and commercial buildings in Oakland can result in a more energy-efficient, comfortable, secure, and visually appealing property, with potential long-term financial benefits.
Should I Install New Windows?
If you’re wondering whether it’s time to install new windows in your home, here are a few things to keep your eye on:
- Irregular Energy Bills: Low-quality or old windows often lead to irregular energy bills. If the outside air is getting in or your windows do not block enough sunlight, it means your heating and cooling systems are working overtime. That said, you don’t need top brands of windows offering an energy-efficient glass to fix this, you need simple upgrades like window glazing.
- Cold Windows: If your windows feel cold to the touch or hot if there’s direct sunlight, the problem is a lack of double-pane windows. Double-pane windows have a 2-way glass with space in between that ensures there’s no direct contact of the inside glass window with the outside air.
- Wind Drafts: If you’re feeling breezes inside your home even with the windows closed, there may be cracks in the window frame or you may have a broken window. At times, the glass may crack in the corners that are not visible. In other cases, a bad paint job may even lead to window frame damage.
- Low Property Value: If your property is getting a lower residential value compared to other homes in your neighborhood, other problems aside, it may be due to outdated styles. That may include your interior design, doors, and windows. Therefore, beginning with windows, it may be a good idea to make some upgrades to get back up on the market.
If you notice any of the things above, window replacement or new window installation is necessary.
What is the Cost to Replace and Install Windows?
To give you a better idea of the cost to replace and install windows, it’s important to know that there are different major brands of windows in Oakland. Moreover, you need to identify whether you want a small adjustment or a full replacement.
Other Things to Keep in Mind
Here are a few more things to keep in mind:
- Budget: As a homeowner, if you get a financial windfall, it’s always a good idea to invest some money back into your home. You may get more beautiful windows, replace a door or two, or revamp your old house.
- Repairs Not Cutting It Anymore: If your last window repair job did not make it any better, it’s a clear sign that you need a window replacement. At times, even the most quality work may not repair a worn-out window.
- House Design: When it comes to replacement windows, they need to work well with the rest of the house. For example, wooden windows in a brick-based house are not recommended. This is where your window installation business helps you make a valid choice based on your house style.
A lot of window contractors like Best Exteriors offer a free consultation and estimate that help determine the price and cost of your home improvement project.
TYPES OF WINDOW BRANDS
TYPES OF WINDOWS
How to Install Quality Windows
When it comes to installing quality windows, keep the following steps in mind:
- Get an Estimate: When you’re looking to get window replacement services, make sure to go with a company with great reviews and case studies like Best Exteriors.
- Research Each Company: If you’re leaning towards a window replacement company, research it online. Look at their Better Business Bureau ratings and customer reviews and testimonials.
- Get the Right Glazing: There are different types of window glazing when it comes to replacement windows. However, for Oakland, you’re better off with a three-coat Low-E. It offers the best U-value, minimizes heat gain, and provides better insulation.
- Choose the Right Brand: It’s not necessary to get top brands for windows. At times, getting off-brand windows and doors is the best way to go for your budget and home.
Ready to upgrade your windows? Contact us today.
From Our Customers
We are very happy with the results. Attention to detail was excellent.