Window Installation Case Studies
With over one thousand projects completed every year, Best Exteriors is one of the top installers in the market!Projects Gallery
100% Satisfied With Our Work
Installers Working In our Team
Serving Northern California Area
Looking to upgrade your windows in San Ramon? You came to the right place.
Many homes in San Ramon tend to use wood windows but there’s been a trend toward vinyl windows in recent years. When you get a window replacement, you have to choose what type of window you want.
This gives you the opportunity to upgrade from traditional windows that not only hinder your property’s aesthetic but also increase your energy bills and affect your property value.
That said, it’s best to understand how window installation works before getting replacement windows.
This guide contains all the information you need regarding window replacement, along with tips on choosing the right window contractor.
What’s a Good Price for a Window?
If you have the right window contractor to help you, finding good quality windows at a decent price becomes a little easier. However, you still need to understand what goes into the price of a window.
There are four main things that affect a window’s price, including the type of window, its frame materials, the glass, and whether you add any coatings.
The type of window refers to the shape and its mechanism. For example, lots of traditional homes have a simple square window that opens with a two-way split. Such common window designs tend to be less expensive than unique designs.
Moving on, there are six window frame materials that are common in the San Ramon area. That includes wood, vinyl, aluminum, wood-clad, fiberglass, and composite.
Each frame material has its merits but when it comes to the price, aluminum tends to be less expensive than others.
Furthermore, the price of the glass depends on a few things, starting with whether you want a single, double, or triple-pane glass. Other than that, it also depends on what kind of glass you want. For example, shatterproof glass is durable but costs more.
Last but not least, glass coatings and films tend to be optional but play a huge role in energy savings and minimizing the effect of UV rays.
Window Replacement San Ramon
- Donald EvansSan RamonDonald Evans has over a decade of experience working with Prestige Windows, adding a touch of sophistication to any home.
- Allen MitchelSan RamonAllen Mitchel is highly skilled in the installation of single and double-slider windows, bringing a unique blend of functionality and design.
- Edward CampbellSan RamonEdward Campbell, with his years of industry experience, specializes in bay and bow windows, creating visually pleasing and light-filled interiors.
- Frederick WilsonSan RamonFrederick Wilson is a pro at installing Andersen Windows, a brand applauded for its energy efficiency and wide range of customization options.
- Daniel TaphornSan RamonDaniel Taphorn is known for his meticulous work with casement windows, providing customers with practical and stylish solutions.
When it comes to windows, San Ramon homes feature specific styles of windows. However, many new construction windows tend to have modern styles and the latest glass technology.
To keep up with the market, many people in San Ramon are focusing on getting energy-efficient replacement windows.
Doing so not only fixes any minor issues with your windows but also improves your property’s value, and, in some cases, its aesthetic.
That said, window replacement is a delicate process that requires specialized tools and a lot of expertise. It’s important to understand how to ensure the long-term integrity of the window, ensure there’s no negative pressure, and the room has adequate ventilation.
That is why it’s crucial that you choose the right window installation company. You need someone who understands San Ramon homes, and they also need to have a good idea of interior design and the real estate market.
That allows them to provide the right advice regarding window replacement.
We have put together this list of reasons why you should invest in San Ramon window replacement.
Benefits of Window Replacement and Installation in San Ramon
There are tons of benefits to installing new windows in your house or commercial building in San Ramon, including:
- Improved Aesthetics: When you upgrade your windows, it gives you a chance to change the look of your house. That helps improve the property’s curb appeal and value.
- Increased Property Value: While upgrading the house’s appearance helps improve value, installing the latest fixtures also increases its demand. Regular maintenance and window replacements not only maintain but improve your property’s value and also increase its resale value down the road.
- More Security: Installing new windows gives you the chance to take advantage of the newest technology. Installing shatterproof glass and one-way windows with advanced locks helps improve the safety and security of your house.
- Low Energy Bills: When you replace your windows, getting double or triple-glazed windows helps reduce the overall heat transfer. That means your heating or cooling systems work less, leading to lower energy bills.
- Noise Reduction: Replacing windows requires complete window frame replacement and that means the complete removal of cracks and openings. That helps nullify any external noise leaks, improving the sound insulation of your home.
Getting your windows replaced may cost you now but you end up recovering that cost in the long run with lower energy bills and a higher property resale value.
Should I Install New Windows?
If you’re wondering whether it’s time to install new windows in your home, here are a few things to keep your eye on:
- Low Property Value: Homeowners need to check the property value of their homes on a regular basis to make sure they’re up to date with the market. However, if you notice a dip in your property value, that may be a cue for remodeling your home. Get some professional advice regarding common upgrades, but for the most part, people tend to get replacement windows and doors, along with a fresh coat of paint.
- Wind Drafts: If you feel slight breezes in certain rooms or a temperature change in different parts of the house, it may be due to cracks in your windows. In this case, you need a complete window replacement.
- High Energy Bills: If you get inexplicable high utility costs, the reason may be that your heating and cooling systems are working overtime. That happens if there’s a lot of heat gain and heat loss through thin single-paned windows. Getting new double-pane windows or getting reflective glass coatings helps fix this.
- Hard to Wash Exterior: It’s possible that some of your windows are hard to clean because they’re hard to reach. There are plenty of window designs today that allow you to open the window inward, allowing for easier external cleaning.
If you have any of the issues above, consider getting a window replacement.
What is the Cost to Replace and Install Windows?
The cost of replacing and installing new windows depends on the window type, brand, frame material, and glass, along with any coatings you want.
Part of offering a great service as a window replacement company is offering the right advice regarding your home improvement project.
That’s why Best Exteriors focuses on tailoring solutions for clients based on their requirements, needs, and budget while offering continuous advice.
Other Things to Keep in Mind
Here are a few more things to keep in mind:
- Getting Financial Windfall: When homeowners get a financial windfall, investing the money into their home improvement project always ends up in net positive returns. You not only improve your property’s value but also avoid potential repair costs in the future.
- Lackluster Repairs: In some cases, you only require repair services. For example, squeaky windows and bad hinges on windows only require a repair job. However, a warped frame requires a complete window replacement.
The California real estate market is always in high demand, so it’s in your best interest to commit to your home improvement project.
TYPES OF WINDOW BRANDS
TYPES OF WINDOWS
How to Install Quality Windows
When it comes to choosing a window company, keep the following things in mind:
- Get a Consultation: The best way to check for quality craftsmanship is to use the advice of a professional business. Most window replacement businesses offer a free estimate, free quote, or even a free consultation. Use that opportunity to learn more about the windows market and other things like custom exteriors, window-based patio doors, and the prices of professional services in the industry.
- Research the Company: Once you have your consultation, research the company by looking at some customer reviews and testimonials. At times, it helps to contact a previous customer to learn more about the services of the business. Do your due diligence before you hire a business.
- Off-Brand Windows: If you have a small budget, it helps to opt for off-brand windows instead of branded windows. They tend to have the same level of quality and durability as top-brand windows.
Ready to upgrade your windows? Contact us today.
From Our Customers
We are very happy with the results. Attention to detail was excellent.