WINDOW INSTALLATION WORK
With over one thousand projects completed every year, Best Exteriors is one of the top installers in the market!Projects Gallery
100% Satisfied With Our Work
Installers Working In our Team
Serving Northern California Area
Looking to upgrade your windows? You came to the right place. Besides the strong return on investment that new windows provide, there are also practical reasons to upgrade.
If you’re noticing a draft while entering your room while the windows are closed, there’s a good chance that your windows require repair work.
Living in Alameda means there’s constant ocean wind and that has a way of withering windows and window frames. In the long run, this causes problems if you want to maintain your house, regulate room temperature, and control your energy bill.
Also, since remodeling projects are on the rise with the addition of smart home components, there’s a rising need for window replacement services in Alameda.
This comprehensive guide has all the information you need on replacing windows, including advice on how to make informed decisions moving forward.
What’s a Good Price for a Window?
Regardless of whether you’re living in an old house or a fresh-built one, it’s best to contact a professional to fix and replace your windows and give you a good price,
There are two categories of window companies to opt for, large-scale brands like Home Depot that offer a wide range of manufacturers and local businesses like Best Exteriors that offer specific but reliable brands and superior customer service.
Locally-owned or family-owned businesses are best for residential jobs because they understand the nuisances of the East Bay area, temperature changes, and other factors in play.
It’s a guarantee that the replaced windows last you for a good amount of time at an affordable price.
Best Window Replacement Contractors in Alameda
- Daniel WongAlamedaDaniel Wong stands out in his work with Marvin Windows, known for their top-tier quality and superior performance.
- George MorrisAlamedaGeorge Morris is a veteran contractor with a specialization in Pella Windows, blending aesthetics and durability.
- Jason TanAlamedaJason Tan is renowned for his specialty in geometric windows, giving homes a distinctive and modern appeal.
- Edward CampbellAlamedaEdward Campbell, with his years of industry experience, specializes in bay and bow windows, creating visually pleasing and light-filled interiors.
- Melissa BalonAlamedaMelissa Balon, specializes in geometric windows, adding an architectural charm to any home.
Window replacement is a common occurrence in Alameda due to the high demand for decent homes in the area. Homeowners tend to keep their housing units up to date to keep up with the real estate market.
Meanwhile, permanent residents work on maintaining the overall look, function, and feel of their homes. That said, some people try to install replacement windows themselves and that may end up causing minor issues.
Window installation is a delicate process that requires precision, expertise, and professional tools to do it right. The same goes for doors that, at times, need good placement to ensure there’s no negative pressure within the room.
For example, a patio door or most French doors that are facing a window may have a direct effect on the opening and closing of the window.
Therefore, it’s important to set them up in a way that causes no pressure, wind, or temperature issues.
Even if you have a broken window, it’s advisable to work with a professional to ensure quality work.
We have put together this list of reasons why you should invest in Alameda windows replacement.
Benefits of Window Replacement and Installation in Alameda
There are several benefits of installing new windows in both commercial and residential buildings in Alameda, including:
- Saving money with improved energy efficiency by preventing drafts and minimizing heat loss or gain. This results in reduced energy bills and a more comfortable indoor environment for occupants, especially in a city like Alameda with hot summers and cool winters.
- Improving the overall appearance of a building, adding value to the property, and enhancing its curb appeal. This is particularly important for commercial properties in Alameda, which attract tourists due to its historical architecture and proximity to San Francisco Bay.
- Creating better sound insulation, providing a quieter and more peaceful indoor environment. Alameda’s bustling downtown area and its proximity to busy streets and highways make this benefit especially valuable for residents and commercial properties.
- Increasing security features, such as shatter-resistant glass and secure locking mechanisms, which provide peace of mind for homeowners and tenants, particularly in a city like Alameda with a relatively high crime rate.
Overall, investing in new windows for residential and commercial buildings in Alameda can result in a more energy-efficient, comfortable, secure, and visually appealing property, with potential long-term financial benefits.
Should I Install New Windows?
To help you get a better idea of what windows and doors in your house need an upgrade, you need to keep these things in mind:
- Deterioration in Wood Frames: If you notice that your wood windows are subject to water damage or rot, you need to act fast and get some replacement windows.
- Wind Drafts: If you’re noticing a slight breeze inside certain rooms with the windows and doors closed, there may be tiny cracks in the window frame or glass. That is cause for installing new windows.
- Low Property Value: If your property value is decreasing, it may be due to outdated house designs and styles. For that reason, it’s best to jump-start your project, upgrade your windows and doors, and commit to regular maintenance.
- High Energy Bills: If your energy bills are increasing but your regular usage remains the same, it may mean that your cooling or heating systems are working overtime. This may be due to cracks in window frames letting outside air in or it may be due to less effective glass insulation allowing more sunlight inside.
- Hard to Wash Windows: If you’re having trouble washing window exteriors, it may be time for an upgrade because nowadays, window designs allow you to reach and clean exterior glass from the inside.
If any of the above things are bothering you, it may be time for replacement windows.
What is the Cost to Replace and Install Windows?
The cost to install new windows depends on the type of windows you want, the brand, and the services you opt for.
With the right support and team, the process becomes a lot simpler. At Best Exteriors, we focus on tailoring our prices to each individual client based on what they need and what they want.
Other Things to Keep in Mind
Here are a few more things to keep in mind:
- Repairs Are Not Working: If you’re working with a contractor company that is repairing your windows, it is possible that it doesn’t work as well. This happens if the wood is starting to rot and fall away, or if the paint is cracking or peeling. At that point, repairing a window becomes costly in the long run. Therefore, it’s more cost-effective and efficient to invest in replacement windows rather than repairs.
- Getting Financial Windfall: As a homeowner, new windows, panes, or doors are always a great investment in your home improvement project. Therefore, if you get a financial windfall, it’s always helpful if you decide on upgrading your windows and doors.
- No Time for Fixtures: A majority of people either don’t have the time for repairs or can’t do so for other reasons. This is why hiring a professional service and business for your upgrade projects is a good long-term investment.
TYPES OF WINDOW BRANDS
TYPES OF WINDOWS
How to Install Quality Windows
When it comes to choosing a window company, keep the following things in mind:
- Get an Estimate: It’s best to get an estimate based on the amount of work, the number of hours, and what kind of style you’re going for. This helps get a good idea of how much these services cost.
- Research the Company: Talking to a salesperson only provides you with so much information and details. It’s a good idea to check Yelp reviews, visit the company, and do further research.
- Check Off-Brand Windows: Branded products are often more expensive. Prices depend on the style, glazing, and materials of the windows. A pure wood frame replacement may be more expensive than an aluminum frame replacement.
Ready to upgrade your windows? Contact us today.
From Our Customers
We are very happy with the results. Attention to detail was excellent.