Window Installation Case Studies
With over one thousand projects completed every year, Best Exteriors is one of the top installers in the market!Projects Gallery
100% Satisfied With Our Work
Installers Working In our Team
Serving Northern California Area
Looking to upgrade your windows in Union City? You came to the right place.
Being in close proximity to the bay increase the chances of wear and tear, and rust in your windows. Rather than waiting for a window to get a point of no return, it’s better to get ahead of the problem and get replacement windows.
That reduces the chances of any long-term damage while helping retain or improve your property’s value and curb appeal.
That said, getting new windows requires knowledge about the window market and the window installation process if you want a good price.
This guide provides all the information you need regarding window replacement and installation, along with advice on choosing a window company.
What’s a Good Price for a Window?
The price of a new window depends on its design, frame material, glass type, and coatings. Common window designs tend to be less expensive than custom designs.
Furthermore, it’s easier to find traditional window styles. However, if you have large windows, even common designs may be hard to get by and require custom builds, racking up the total price.
Other than that, there are six main window frame materials available in Union City. Many classic homes use wood windows, but if you get them today, they cost more than their alternatives.
The other five materials include aluminum, vinyl, composite, wood-clad, and fiberglass, with aluminum being the least expensive in most cases.
Some people in Union City have a vested interest in solar windows too. These new-age windows not only function as see-through windows but also generate electricity. However, solar windows tend to be the most expensive kind of windows today.
At any rate, the glass type also matters when it comes to the price of a window. Whether you get single, double, or triple-pane glass affects the price, along with the type of glass itself. For example, there’s traditional glass, shatterproof glass, and more.
Last but not least, you have the option of adding a heat-resistant coating or low-e films on your windows. These coatings and films help reduce heat transfer while also reducing the effect of UV rays.
However, these coatings tend to add a lot to the total cost of a window.
Window Replacement Union City
- Jason TanUnion CityJason Tan is renowned for his specialty in geometric windows, giving homes a distinctive and modern appeal.
- Charles BakerUnion CityCharles Baker brings a wealth of experience in casement windows, prized for their ease of use and superior ventilation.
- Melissa BalonUnion CityMelissa Balon, specializes in geometric windows, adding an architectural charm to any home.
- Daniel HernandezUnion CityDaniel Hernandez focuses on single and double-hung windows, committed to delivering the highest standard of work and customer service.
- Gregory SimmonsUnion CityGregory Simmons has an impressive record in the installation of single and double-hung windows, optimizing ventilation for any space.
When it comes to windows, Union City homes have a wide variety of them. That’s why you need to hire window installers who have experience working with every type of window and home.
That kind of expertise translates beyond window replacement. For example, they may help you by advising on interior design, and recommending what kind of windows work best with your home and its architecture.
Furthermore, you have to understand that replacement windows in an old house tend to be more expensive. That’s because there’s a possibility that the window replacement process requires additional effort and support.
Most window installation business experts tell you what to do to ensure your windows last longer in older houses. They may also help you sell your old windows, provided there’s no permanent damage.
Other than that, when it comes to window replacement, replacing one window costs more per window than getting multiple new windows.
Therefore, it’s best to launch your home improvement project at once rather than working on one window at a time. That said, if there’s an immediate issue, you need to get replacement windows as soon as possible.
We have put together this list of reasons why you should invest in Union City window replacement.
Benefits of Window Replacement and Installation in Union City
There are tons of benefits to installing new windows in your house or commercial building in Union City, including:
- More Ventilation: If your house retains too much heat or smells, the problem may be bad ventilation. In that case, replacement windows can help upgrade the ventilation in your home.
- Increased Property Value: Regular maintenance and upgrades to your property lead to a higher property and resale value.
- Protection from UV Rays: Adding certain glass types or coatings and films like a Low-E coating help reduce the effect of UV rays on you and your interior. It saves you from UV damage in the long run while some coatings help reduce heat transfer too.
- Low Energy Costs: Getting new windows means you have an opportunity to improve the energy efficiency of your windows. Getting Energy Star-certified windows that have a double-pane design and glass coatings to help reduce heat transfer by a lot. That means your heating and cooling systems don’t work overtime, leading to lower energy bills.
- Improved Appearance: Installing new windows gives you a chance to go for a new look for your property.
Furthermore, new windows also help improve sound insulation, helping with noise reduction.
Should I Install New Windows?
If you’re wondering whether it’s time to install new windows in your home, here are a few things to keep your eye on:
- High Energy Bills: A reason for high energy bills is that your heating and cooling systems work overtime. That happens when there’s a lot of heat gain and heat loss due to poor heat insulation. Getting new windows helps reduce that heat gain and heat loss, improving the efficiency of your heating and cooling systems, and leading to lower energy bills.
- Wind Drafts: If you feel slight gusts of wind in certain rooms, the reason may be cracks in the window or wind frame. To check, trace your palm around the window edges to check where the air leak is and confirm the problem. Then contact your window installation company and get some free estimates to get a better idea.
- Peeling Paint: If you notice missing paint around your window frames or screens, the reason may be mold, rot, or moisture accumulation. Use a pencil to press against the frame to check its integrity. If it’s soft, then you need a complete window replacement.
- Trouble Opening Windows: Some windows become harder to open over time sometimes, the problem persists due to permanent issues like a warped frame. In that case, you need complete window replacement.
If you notice any of the details above, contact a window replacement professional today.
What is the Cost to Replace and Install Windows?
The cost of replacing and installing windows depends on the price of the window and the window installation business services.
It helps to work with a business that offers custom solutions based on your needs.
That’s why Best Exteriors helps clients with tailored solutions based on their requirements and budgets.
Other Things to Keep in Mind
Here are a few more things to keep in mind:
- Busy Schedule: If you don’t have the time to visit window businesses and contractors or decide on the windows you want, enlist the help of window business experts. Based on your requirements and budget, they provide you with all the options and you only have to choose what you want.
- Financial Windfall: If you get a financial windfall, it’s best to invest that money into your home improvement project, including getting replacement windows. Spending money on repair services only gets you so far. Investing in new fixtures helps improve your property’s outlook and curb appeal.
In the long run, you end up recovering the cost of new windows through low utility bills and a higher property resale value.
TYPES OF WINDOW BRANDS
TYPES OF WINDOWS
How to Install Quality Windows
When it comes to choosing a window company, keep the following things in mind:
- Get a Free Estimate: Getting a free quote or a free consultation is a good idea because it gives you an idea of the cost of your home improvement project. It also allows you to ask the window installation expert any questions you want regarding the process of window replacement.
- Research the Company: Once you have an estimate, try to look at some customer reviews and testimonials. If possible, contact some previous customers to learn more about the services of the company.
- Summer Window Replacement: Your best bet is to get replacement windows in summer. The caulk that sets in the window frame requires heat and zero water exposure. That makes a sunny hot summer day the ideal day for window replacement, reducing the risks of a faulty installation.
Ready to upgrade your windows? Contact us today.
From Our Customers
We are very happy with the results. Attention to detail was excellent.