Window Installation Case Studies
With over one thousand projects completed every year, Best Exteriors is one of the top installers in the market!Projects Gallery
100% Satisfied With Our Work
Installers Working In our Team
Serving Northern California Area
Looking to upgrade your windows in San Rafael? You came to the right place.
Living in the hilly areas of San Rafael exposes almost every house to a lot of sunlight. If you don’t have energy-efficient windows, it ends up translating into high energy bills.
However, a lot of houses in the San Rafael area don’t tend to have modern windows. That’s why a lot of people now get energy-efficient replacement windows.
That said, if you get window replacement services from the right company, they also recommend getting certain glass coatings or films if your window is otherwise, in good condition. That’s why it’s a good idea to get yourself more in the know regarding window replacement.
In this guide, you get all the information you need regarding window installation, along with tips on choosing the right window replacement services.
What’s a Good Price for a Window?
The price of a window depends on what kind of window you want, the window frame material, the type of glass you want, and if you want any coatings.
Along with that, you have your window replacement services charges that vary depending on the company, your location in San Rafael, and even the weather.
When it comes to buying a new window, you first need to decide what kind of window you want. If you go for a traditional window type like a single-slider window, the price is bound to be lower. However, if your house requires custom windows, then the price goes higher.
Furthermore, you have the option between wood, aluminum, vinyl, composite, wood-clad, and fiberglass for your window frame material. Nowadays, wood tends to be more expensive while aluminum windows tend to be cheaper. Each material has its own pros and cons.
After that, you have to decide between single, double, and triple-pane glass. The more glass layers there are, the greater the heat insulation.
Last but not least, glass coatings and films are optional but tend to cost a bit. However, in the long run, you recover that cost through lower energy bills.
Window Replacement San Rafael
- George MorrisSan RafaelGeorge Morris is a veteran contractor with a specialization in Pella Windows, blending aesthetics and durability.
- Ralph JohnsonSan RafaelRalph Johnson has a strong reputation for installing picture windows, allowing homeowners to enjoy uninterrupted views and an abundance of natural light.
- Jason TanSan RafaelJason Tan is renowned for his specialty in geometric windows, giving homes a distinctive and modern appeal.
- Edward CampbellSan RafaelEdward Campbell, with his years of industry experience, specializes in bay and bow windows, creating visually pleasing and light-filled interiors.
- Tim GarciaSan RafaelTim Garcia prides himself on his expertise in single and double-slider windows, offering a sleek design and panoramic views.
When it comes to windows, San Rafael has a lot of traditional-style homes that use older window designs. That said, many San Rafael homeowners go for home improvement projects that help revamp their properties.
Part of any home improvement project is a window replacement project. The reason it’s separate from other types of upgrades like doors is that windows require specific weather for an ideal setting.
For example, the caulk on the window frame during window installation requires heat to set in. Plus, water exposure is not allowed during this time. Therefore, the ideal time for window replacement is during the summer on a sunny day.
That’s why the demand for window replacement services tends to be higher in the summer.
In any case, it’s best to get in-home consultation from a window replacement company to learn more about the process.
A tip for window replacement in San Rafael is to buy your windows during the spring season when there are seasonal discounts. At the same time, book window replacement services for the summer season, so you don’t have to face delays, unnecessary wait times, and price hikes.
We have put together this list of reasons why you should invest in San Rafael window replacement.
Benefits of Window Replacement and Installation in San Rafael
There are tons of benefits to installing new windows in your house or commercial building in San Rafael, including:
- Additional Security: Installing new windows gives you a chance to choose certain security upgrades, such as shatterproof windows, additional locks, and more.
- Noise Reduction: Replacement windows require complete window frame replacement. That helps remove any cracks in the integrity of the wall, minimizing the external noise leak.
- Save Money on Bills: When you get double or triple-glazed windows and also add coatings to them, you reduce the heat transfer rates. This means your heating and cooling system works less than before, leading to lower energy bills.
- Improved Appearance: Replacing windows gives you a chance to improve your house’s aesthetic by installing unique windows. It also helps improve your property’s curb appeal.
Investing in new windows also improves overall energy efficiency.
Should I Install New Windows?
If you’re wondering whether it’s time to install new windows in your home, here are a few things to keep your eye on:
- Washing Hassle: If you have a hard time cleaning the exterior glass of your windows, it may be a good idea to replace them with windows that allow easier exterior cleaning. Most modern windows have a tilting mechanism that opens the window inward, making it easier to clean them.
- Wind Drafts: If you feel a temperature change, pressure change, or minor wind drafts in certain rooms, it’s possible you have a broken window. At times, a broken window isn’t obvious and requires checks. Therefore, use your palm to trace the window frame to check for a temperature change or a slight breeze. If you feel one, then that’s where the crack is.
- Higher Energy Bills: If you notice your energy bills are higher than others with the same setup, the reason may be that your house has bad heat insulation. Older homes in San Rafael installed single-pane windows and they allow a lot of heat loss and heat gain. That leads to your heating and cooling system working more, leading to high energy bills.
Getting a window replacement in this case allows you to install double-pane glass windows, reducing the overall heat gain and heat loss.
What is the Cost to Replace and Install Windows?
The cost of replacing and installing new windows depends on the window type, material, glass type, and the service you want.
Every window contractor helps you get a better understanding of the service requirements, costs, and more. However, not a lot of companies offer custom solutions.
That’s why Best Exteriors focuses on developing tailored solutions for customers based on their needs, requirements, and budgets.
Other Things to Keep in Mind
Here are a few more things to keep in mind:
- Financial Windfall: Whether you have a family-owned or personal property, it’s always a good idea to install upgrades as you move forward. That’s why if you get a financial windfall, use that money to invest in your property and maintain and upgrade it. This helps improve its property and resale value.
- Repairs Don’t Work: At a certain point, repairing your window is no longer an option. For example, a warped frame requires a new window installation. Therefore, instead of wasting money on a repair job, get a window replacement.
You end up recovering the cost of window replacement in the long run.
TYPES OF WINDOW BRANDS
TYPES OF WINDOWS
How to Install Quality Windows
When it comes to choosing a window company, keep the following things in mind:
- Get a Professional Consultation: When you want to start your home improvement project, the best solution is to start with a professional consultation. Many companies offer a free estimate or free quote too. It’s worth noting that some companies also offer professional advice regarding interior design. This helps get an idea of the total cost of your project and the best way to move forward.
- Research the Company: Once you have your professional consultation, it’s best to research that company before moving forward. For that, check their online reviews and customer testimonials. If possible, contact a previous customer and ask for their opinion.
- Off-Brand Windows: If you have a small budget, it’s best to opt for off-brand windows instead of getting branded windows. Off-brand windows tend to offer the same level of quality and durability but at a lower price.
Ready to upgrade your windows? Contact us today.
From Our Customers
We are very happy with the results. Attention to detail was excellent.