WINDOW INSTALLATION PROJECTS
With over one thousand projects completed every year, Best Exteriors is one of the top installers in the market!Projects Gallery
100% Satisfied With Our Work
Installers Working In our Team
Serving Northern California Area
Did you know that your home’s windows are important? They not only protect your home from the elements but also add to its charm. At Best Exteriors, our remodeling experts in San Francisco specialize in installing top-quality windows and front doors that look great and offer a fantastic return on investment. This comprehensive guide dives into all the necessary information you need regarding window replacement, window installation services, and how to make an informed decision when choosing a window company.
What’s a Good Price for a Window?
The pricing depends on the quality of the windows as well as the damage to the ones getting replaced. It’s important to take a look at the holistic view. For example, living in the San Francisco Bay Area means constant exposure to ocean winds and that has a direct impact on your windows and window frames.
If you have wooden window frames, there may be rotting present and if you have metal frames then rusting becomes common. At some point, you need to replace and install windows to ensure that your property is up to code and retains its appearance.
It also helps increase the value of your home, reduces your energy bill, and increases its aesthetic.
However, to get replacement windows, you need professional window installation services.
Window Replacement San Francisco
- Daniel TaphornAlamedaDaniel Taphorn is known for his meticulous work with casement windows, providing customers with practical and stylish solutions.
- Daniel WongAlamedaDaniel Wong stands out in his work with Marvin Windows, known for their top-tier quality and superior performance.
- Charles BakerAlamedaCharles Baker brings a wealth of experience in casement windows, prized for their ease of use and superior ventilation.
- Tim GarciaAlamedaTim Garcia prides himself on his expertise in single and double-slider windows, offering a sleek design and panoramic views.
- Ralph JohnsonAlamedaRalph Johnson has a strong reputation for installing picture windows, allowing homeowners to enjoy uninterrupted views and an abundance of natural light.
When it comes to windows, San Francisco offers a wide variety of window types based on its unique topography and history. The infamous San Francisco bay windows are a well-known identifier of the city.
However, like the entire Bay Area, San Francisco also gets constant ocean winds that in the long run have a negative effect on windows and doors. This is more so true for houses that completely depend on wood.
Although, wear and tear is present in every house regardless of the building materials. It’s only a matter of time before you need to get replacement windows.
While good construction and regular maintenance help guarantee a longer life for your windows and doors, it’s always better to have upgrade projects in the line as preventative measures.
Before you make the decision to start the process of window replacement and installation, use self-observation to notice little details in your house that help you better plan your upgrade project.
We have put together this list of reasons why you should invest in San Francisco windows replacement.
Benefits of Window Replacement and Installation in San Francisco
There are several benefits of installing new windows in both commercial and residential buildings in San Francisco, including:
- Improving energy efficiency by preventing drafts and minimizing heat loss or gain. This can result in reduced energy bills and a more comfortable indoor environment for occupants.
- Improving the overall appearance of a building, adding value to the property, and enhancing its curb appeal. This is particularly important for commercial properties as it can attract potential customers and give a positive first impression.
- Creating better sound insulation, providing a quieter and more peaceful indoor environment.
- Increasing security features, such as shatter-resistant glass and secure locking mechanisms, which provide peace of mind for homeowners and tenants.
Overall, investing in new windows for residential and commercial buildings in San Francisco can result in a more energy-efficient, comfortable, secure, and visually appealing property, with potential long-term financial benefits.
Should I Install New Windows?
To help you get a better idea of what windows and doors in your house need an upgrade, you need to keep these things in mind:
- Deterioration in Wood Frames: If you notice that your wood windows are subject to water damage or rot, you need to act fast and get some replacement windows.
- Wind Drafts: If you’re noticing a slight breeze inside certain rooms with the windows and doors closed, there may be tiny cracks in the window frame or glass. That is cause for installing new windows.
- Low Property Value: If your property value is decreasing, it may be due to outdated house designs and styles. For that reason, it’s best to jump-start your project, upgrade your windows and doors, and commit to regular maintenance.
- High Energy Bills: If your energy bills are increasing but your regular usage remains the same, it may mean that your cooling or heating systems are working overtime. This may be due to cracks in window frames letting outside air in or it may be due to less effective glass insulation allowing more sunlight inside.
- Hard to Wash Windows: If you’re having trouble washing window exteriors, it may be time for an upgrade because nowadays, window designs allow you to reach and clean exterior glass from the inside.
If any of the above things are bothering you, it may be time for replacement windows.
What is the Cost to Replace and Install Windows?
To give you a better idea of the cost to replace and install windows, it’s important to know that there are different major brands of windows in the San Francisco Bay Area. Moreover, you need to identify whether you want a small adjustment or a full replacement.
Other Things to Keep in Mind
Here are a few more things to keep in mind:
- Storm Windows: On many occasions, storm windows in historical homes have bad installations, leading to issues in their effectiveness and a negative effect on the house’s aesthetic.
- Hard to Open Windows: If your windows are opening with more effort, are getting stuck in the frame, or are making unnecessary noises, schedule some maintenance for them. If regular maintenance or mild repairs are not cutting it, you might need a window replacement.
- Financial Windfall: As a homeowner in a high-demand city like San Francisco, it’s always best to invest your money into budget projects like window upgrades when you get a financial windfall.
Now that we have the basics covered, let’s take a look at the finer details.
TYPES OF WINDOW BRANDS
TYPES OF WINDOWS
How to Install Quality Windows
When it comes to installing high-quality windows, take these steps:
- Get a Free Estimate: It’s best to get a free estimate for your projects from various window installation companies.
- Consider Window Glazing: True energy saving is only possible with window glazing. It involves having two layers of glass, otherwise known as double-pane windows. This ensures there’s a small insulating barrier between the glass. In some cases, triple-glazed windows are better but they tend to cost more.
- Install Reflective Films: These help keep windows cooler by absorbing and reflecting excess radiant energy. However, at the same time, they block visible light decreasing the natural lighting. This ends up giving a mirror-like appearance, increasing the need for electric lighting.
- Install Tinted Glass: Bronze or gray tints help reflect radiant energy and reduce the cooling load while allowing a good amount of visible light to come into the home. Clear glass has a visual transmittance of 90% while tinted glass offers 60%. This helps retain natural light while lowering your energy bill by being less dependent on cooling solutions.
- Install Low-E Coatings: This coating feels invisible compared to reflective films and tints. Metallic oxide particles reduce the flow of radiant energy, allowing different amounts of solar radiation to pass through. During winter, these coatings help retain the heat inside the house.
- Consider Off-Brand Windows: It’s not necessary to invest in major brands. At times, off-brand companies offer high-quality windows with expert craftsmanship.
Ready to Make the Upgrade? Contact us today.
From Our Customers
We are very happy with the results. Attention to detail was excellent.