Window Installation Case Studies
With over one thousand projects completed every year, Best Exteriors is one of the top installers in the market!Projects Gallery
100% Satisfied With Our Work
Installers Working In our Team
Serving Northern California Area
Looking to upgrade your windows in Palo Alto? You came to the right place.
Palo Alto is a high-profile area where your property needs to be up to date to maintain its current value and future resale value.
To do that, your best bet is to create a home improvement project with regular upgrades to your home. Among the easier upgrades are window replacements because they don’t require a complete overhaul of the structure of your house.
That said, you still need a good understanding of how window replacement works, what kind of windows you need, and how to get new windows installed.
In this guide, you get all the information you need regarding window installation and replacement in Palo Alto, along with tips on choosing the right window installation company.
What’s a Good Price for a Window?
The price of a window depends on a few factors, including your window type, window materials, the glass you use, whether you use any films or coatings, and the services you want.
The majority of your costs come into two main categories, buying a window and paying the window installation company.
While there are several window installation companies that offer competitive rates, it’s best to go for the company with the most expertise.
If you have a limited budget, it’s best to save money when buying windows. For example, instead of a wood frame, you may choose an aluminum frame for the time being.
Furthermore, instead of buying a branded window, you may buy off-brand windows. They tend to offer the same level of quality and durability but at a cheaper price.
That said, most Palo Alto homes use top brands for their doors and windows. Therefore, if you want to keep up with the market, you might need to get branded windows.
On top of that, the price of a window also depends on where you buy it from. Buying windows from major contractors like Home Depot tends to be less expensive but they have limited designs.
Instead, have your window installation company recommend local window contractors, especially if you require custom windows.
Window Replacement Palo Alto
- George MorrisPalo AltoGeorge Morris is a veteran contractor with a specialization in Pella Windows, blending aesthetics and durability.
- Jason TanPalo AltoJason Tan is renowned for his specialty in geometric windows, giving homes a distinctive and modern appeal.
- Donald EvansPalo AltoDonald Evans has over a decade of experience working with Prestige Windows, adding a touch of sophistication to any home.
- Ralph JohnsonPalo AltoRalph Johnson has a strong reputation for installing picture windows, allowing homeowners to enjoy uninterrupted views and an abundance of natural light.
- Anthony CooperPalo AltoAnthony Cooper is a dedicated window contractor who excels in Atrium Windows, renowned for their superior quality and varied styles.
When it comes to windows, Palo Alto homes tend to have high-quality top-brand windows. Not a lot of homes use wooden frames, most tend to use vinyl and aluminum frames.
While both vinyl and aluminum frames have their pros and cons, vinyl frames tend to work better than aluminum frames.
Other frame materials include wood, wood-clad, composite, and fiberglass. However, it’s best to go with vinyl windows in Palo Alto.
Furthermore, you also need to understand that a single pane of glass is not enough today. You need to aim for at least double-pane glass. If you have the budget, go for triple-pane glass as it offers the best insulation.
On top of that, there are several coatings and films for window glass that offer several benefits. For example, Low-E coating helps reduce the impact of incoming UV rays and also helps minimize heat gain and heat loss.
If you choose the right window installation company, they also offer expert advice on house and window styles. For example, they help you figure out what window type works best in certain rooms and with certain doors.
This helps make sure your property has a uniform style and aesthetic.
We have put together this list of reasons why you should invest in Palo Alto window replacement.
Benefits of Window Replacement and Installation in Palo Alto
There are numerous advantages to installing new windows in your Palo Alto home or commercial building, including:
Lower Energy Costs: By choosing energy-efficient windows with glass coatings for your Palo Alto property, you can minimize heat loss and heat gain. This reduces the workload on your heating or cooling system, resulting in lower energy bills and a comfortable indoor temperature.
Better Resale Value: Upgrading your windows ensures that your house stays competitive in terms of style and maintenance, ultimately increasing its resale value in the Palo Alto market.
Additional Ventilation: Palo Alto’s location offers a unique climate, making proper ventilation essential for preventing moisture buildup inside your home.
Protection from UV Rays: Glass coatings and films not only improve energy efficiency but also shield your belongings from harmful UV rays.
Enhanced Aesthetics: New windows provide an opportunity to enhance your Palo Alto property’s appearance, boosting its value and curb appeal.
Quality window installation in Palo Alto also offers the added benefit of noise reduction, creating a more peaceful and enjoyable living or working environment.
Should I Install New Windows?
If you’re wondering whether it’s time to install new windows in your home, here are a few things to keep your eye on:
- High Energy Bills: If you notice that you now get higher energy bills or that you always have higher energy bills compared to your neighbors, your windows may be the culprit. For example, single-pane windows let a lot of heat in during summers and allow heat to dissipate during winters. This makes your heating and cooling system work overtime, increasing your energy bills. Furthermore, the right windows allow a lot of natural light in during the day, reducing the need for artificial lighting.
- Wind Drafts: If you feel minor wind drafts in certain rooms, go ahead and check the window frames of the windows in those rooms. Move your palm along the window frame to check where the air is coming from to confirm the leak. More powerful drafts mean bigger cracks and that means getting a window replacement as soon as possible.
- Washing Hassle: If you have a hard time cleaning the exterior of your windows, getting new windows may solve that problem. Many window types allow you to tilt them, allowing you to clean their exteriors from the inside.
If you have issues with any of the things above, contact your window replacement company today.
What is the Cost to Replace and Install Windows?
The cost of replacing and installing windows depends on what windows you want, the window material, the glass type, and if you want any coatings or films on the glass.
Furthermore, it also depends on the service charges of your window installation company and how much work they think is necessary.
At Best Exteriors, we lay down the entire window replacement and installation plan according to your needs and wants, so may make an informed decision based on your budget.
Other Things to Keep in Mind
Here are a few more things to keep in mind:
- If Repairs Don’t Work: At some point, a repair job is not going to fix your broken window. For example, if you have a warped frame, repairs tend to be out of the question. Therefore, instead of spending money on lackluster repairs, get a window replacement as soon as possible.
- Financial Windfall: As a property owner, if you get a financial windfall, it’s always a good idea to invest that money into home improvement projects and house repairs.
In the long run, window replacement costs tend to recover because of lower energy bills and a higher property resale value.
TYPES OF WINDOW BRANDS
TYPES OF WINDOWS
How to Install Quality Windows
When it comes to choosing a window company, keep the following things in mind:
- Get a Consultation: When you have a rough idea of your home improvement project, contact your window installation company and ask for a free consultation. This way, you get a free estimate that helps understand the overall cost of your project.
- Research the Company: After you have an estimate, research the business by looking at its credentials, online reviews, and testimonials. Visiting their location and address also helps if you have the time. Contact previous customers to learn about their service and get a sense of their customer support process.
- Off-Brand Windows: Being on a budget means you don’t need to spend a lot on premium-brand windows. Instead, go for off-brand windows as they offer the same level of quality, durability, and customizability.
Ready to upgrade your windows? Contact us today.
From Our Customers
We are very happy with the results. Attention to detail was excellent.